SharePoint Consulting Services
Microsoft SharePoint is a very powerful product that provides answers to the following business needs:
- Collaboration – working together on team projects and sharing information, often through ad-hoc processes, to accomplish project goals.
- Document Management – structured way to manage and share documents through the use of versioning, metadata, profiles, workflows, search, and information management policies.
- Portal and Application Integration – a personalized user interface that brings together information from different line of business applications and other sources such as web sites or web services.
- Content Management – publishing and design processes for pages on portals or other web sites.
In addition, SharePoint serves as a development platform for enterprise applications. Development teams can leverage the following technologies within their own applications.
- SharePoint Object Model – using SharePoint lists, version control, search, and security to store and present application information.
- Web Parts - organizing applications and deploying "web based windows".
- InfoPath Forms and Windows Workflow Foundation - automating business processes to improve document management or to provide simple interfaces for collecting date for ERP systems and other line of business applications.
In order to fulfill your organization's unique business needs, SharePoint requires configuration and customization as well as training for the users, administrators, and developers. Below is the list of services that Pilothouse Consulting offers to make SharePoint a winner within your company.
We Specialize in the following SharePoint Consulting Services
- Information Organization and Portal Planning
- Mapping organization structure to SharePoint
- Setting up document management (content types, workflows, information management policies)
- Setting up security
- Setting up templates and management of site collections
- Setting up web parts that organize internal and external information
- Server Farm Setup
- Web application configuration
- Search, User Profiles, Business Data Catalog configuration
- Extranet configuration
- External sites configuration
- Custom Development
- Custom application pages interfacing with SharePoint object model
- Web parts
- Features, solutions, and site definitions
- Event receivers
- User Training – short classes focusing on information retrieval, working with documents, and basic collaboration.
- Content Manager / Site Administrator Training – education for system.
- System Administrator / Architect Training - education about managing SharePoint farms.
- Developer Training - customized education for developers